What you’ll learn from this App Store Connect (Sales Overview) Dashboard template:
Gain unique insights into your app’s usage, sales trends, and downloads. By connecting your App Store Connect’s account, you’ll learn:
- How do I keep track of my app users' in-app purchases? Get a day-to-day overview of the purchases users make in your application. Compare the number of in-app purchases for the current time period with the same period of the prior year/month. Are you getting more or less? What actions can you take to increase the number of in-app purchases made by your users?
- How much do I earn from my app? Track and manage all sales recorded from users paying for your app or making an in-app purchase (including tax) during a time period. Monitor trends in your sales data, look out for unusual spikes or dips, and carry out further research on what preceding actions led to it? An app update? An ad campaign?
- How many times was my app downloaded today? See how many times your app gets downloaded for the first time each day. Visualize trends such as dips or spikes that might be as a result of an app update, optimizing your app’s product page, and so on.
- How many people visited my product page this month? See how many people visited and clicked on your product page within a specified period of time. It is imperative to track this metric to learn about the number of potential users your app has based on expressed interest, i.e., clicking to read more detailed descriptions, reviews, viewing screenshots, etc.
- How do I track impressions for my app? See how many times your app was viewed on the app store either through browsing, search results featured apps, and so on, within a given time period.
- How do I measure the quality and performance of my app? Easily track your app’s functionality, and technical performance based on the number of app crashes experienced by its users. It is important to track this metric as too many crashes might lead to a decline in users engaging with your app, bad reviews, and so on, so the earlier crashes and errors are addressed, the better.
Pull additional data using our robust integration with App Store Connect.
What else can you track and visualize with our deep integration with App Store Connect? When it comes to analyzing your app’s engagement and sales data, pretty much anything:
- Impressions, clicks, and conversions
- Usage (Downloads, sessions, and active devices)
- App churn
- User acquisition, retention, and satisfaction
- Event tracking
There are numerous metrics and metric combinations you can track using App Store Connect. And in Databox, you can quickly visualize dozens of App Store Connect metrics in various ways.
Read more about Databox' App Store Connect integration.
Total number of crashes during the specified date range.
Number of first-time app downloads made on the App Store during the specified date range.
Number of times your app was viewed in the featured, categories, top charts, and search sections of the app store during the specified date range. Includes product page views.
Number of first-time in-app purchases on a device during the specified date range. Restored in-app purchases, whether on the same or different device, are not counted.
Total amount billed to customers for purchasing apps, app bundles, and in-app purchases during the specified date range.
Product Page Views
Number of times your app’s product page has been viewed on a device during the specified date range.